2013년 1월 18일 금요일

My wallet is getting thick


Person living in the modern society tends to have tons of plastic cards. Common person's wallets are usually filled with a lot of these cards.

Some of them are identification of the card holder like driver's license. Part of them are very important to do economical activities. These are credit cards or debit cards from the banks. Some cards are also important to live well and to do some cultural pastimes. Library cards or gym cards could represent these kind of things and these help us live quality of life.

Rest of them are, generally speaking, optional cards. These are some membership or reward cards from the shops, service providers and so on. People can live well without these cards. Only disadvantage of being without these cards is that someone could buy something in a little bit expensive.

One of the first things I did as soon as I arrived in Canada was cutting the cards that I brought from Korea. I cut tons of my optional cards and some cards for the library, gym, and even some debit and credit cards as well. Because physical distance between Canada and Korea  made the most cards useless any longer.

At last, my purse became very thin. I was a little bit sad as I felt that my credit reputation accumulated for a long period in Korea just vanished without any trace. My good economical history and credit grade are just nothing in Canada.

But there was no time being sad because there were many things to do as a new permanent resident. I had to apply for my SIN, healthcare insurance and driver's license. Also I opened my bank account and applied for a debit card and a credit card at the same time. One of the most useful card is my new public library card. Almost everyday, I go to the public library to study English.

As time goes on, the Canadian federal government and Alberta provincial government began to send me the important cards such as driver's license, SIN card, health care card and PR card. Also the bank allowed me to get a debit and a credit card after depositing some money for my poor credit history in Canada. Furthermore, I even made a membership card to get some rewards from a supermarket where I usually buy groceries. My wallet is beginning to get thick again.

Although my purse is still very thinner than in the past, it seems that the wallet would be thick soon.

Like my wallet is rapidly getting thick, I hope my English skill quickly improves too.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기