2013년 1월 11일 금요일

Differences between Korean housing and Canadians


This is my first homework at LINC.


Korea is a small country but there are so many people. Actually Canada is 100 times bigger than South Korea, and there are about 35 million people and South Korea's population is over 50 million. So the population density of the South Korea is extremely high.

In Addition, most part of the land of Korea are mountains. So most Korean buildings to live are very tall apartments. They are usually more than 20 stories.
Yes, we, many South Koreans, are literally living in the sky.

These buildings are for families, not for business. Seoul, South Korea

When I arrived in Canada, I found out that most living houses are made of wood. I like wooden house because I think it is natural and seem to be good for human health. However in Seoul, it is illegal to construct buildings or houses by using wood.
We have to build houses only using iron bar and concrete.

I think it is weird because when I lived in Japan, a neighborhood country of South Korea, I could see many wooden houses even though they have usually suffered from the frequent earthquakes.
But Korean law prohibits that builds wooden houses in Seoul although Korea hardly experiences the earthquake.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기