2013년 1월 12일 토요일

Canadian is polite but not friendly

Before I came to Canada, I have been to Melbourne, Australia and Washington DC, USA. These are my all experiences of the western culture. I did not have any special event when I was in Washington DC because I stayed an isolated hotel attending seminars and having business meetings just for a week.

But I had many kind affairs with very friendly Australians during my three-week long business trip. They invited me to their home and we shared good times with delicious dinner and BBQ almost everyday. It was very impressive for me that almost Australians, who I came across on the street, were smiling at me and said hello to me.

I was excited before I came to Canada as I expected that Canadian must be hilarious like Australian. But my expectancy was wrong. Canadians who I saw at the Calgary usually have moody expression like Koreans and they hardly exchange greetings. I was a little bit confused.

A few days before, my instructor at LINC told us that Canadian is polite but not friendly. I can quite understand now what he said.

There are many western countries and they are not the same even though they speak English and are the same common wealth countries.

When I am walking around the city, I am sometimes confusing if I am still in Korea.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기